Research an article on one of the focusing events that occurred between the years of 1927-1950 (The Great Mississippi Flood of 1927, 1930s Dust Bowl, or Texas City Explosion). Respond to the following questions:
1. Identify the contributing factors that caused the disaster.
2. Why is this disaster a focusing event?
3. Identify the affected population.
4. What social and political groups collaborated to implement changes?
5. What changes were implemented to improve emergency management?
The article review should include a title page, body (a minimum of two pages), and reference page. The body of the paper should include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Format the paper, in-text citations, and references in APA (6th ed.) format. Research articles from the CSU Online Library.
Contact the CSU Writing Center for assistance at (800) 977-8449, Ext. 6538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about accessing the Blackboard Grading Rubric for this assignment is provided below.